Thursday, January 17, 2008

Launch

This is my first entry in my own blog...I created this blog for my opinions about the different things that are happening around us. I would have opted to write it in my Friendster blog, but some of it might be a little inappropriate for that setting.

Why is this blog titled "The Noodle Bowl Boils Over"? It is a reference to my long-time Net "handle" or screen name, mami_noodles. For a long time, I have opted to merely observe what is happening around me, all the madness and depravity included. If I were to comment, I would just keep it to myself or to a circle of trusted friends. But recently, I have decided that I have to include my voice, no matter how small it is, if I were to hope that things change for the better.

What made the "noodle bowl" boil, so to speak? The "boiling point" came last November 29, during the Manila Pen incident. That event made me realize that it is time to add my voice to those like me, those who are disgusted with the way an unelected ruler is running this country to the ground. It is time to speak, before they take the freedom to do it away.

I timed this blog's first entry seven years to the time where it all started (to the eyes of many Filipinos). This will also be the start of my own journey of dissecting opinions that might be taboo to the eyes of many, yet deserves to be put out.

1 comment:

MBW said...

Kudos!

Hope to read more...