Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Trojan Horse has Arrived...

I was watching the testimony of Leo San Miguel, the "surprise witness" for the latest installment of the ZTE-NBN hearings, and I can only summarize his "performance" in two words: Trojan Horse.

Tama, hindi si Dante Madriaga ang "Trojan Horse". Si Leo San Miguel ang "Trojan Horse" na matagal nang pinaghahanap. Pakawala, sa madaling salita.

Why did I come to that conclusion? Well, based from what I saw on TV, almost half of his replies were "I don't know" or "I don't remember". He was not able to remember his flights to Hong Kong a few months back, yet he can remember that he met Gen. Quirino Dela Torre 30 years ago, and they had a business 15 years ago. Selective amnesia? I don't know.

Another thing, he admitted that the e-mail address used in sending the "Tongpats" spreadsheet to Dante Madriaga was his. But he would not admit that he knows something about the payoffs. What the heck was that? Is he trying to say that somebody else used his email and sent that file? If that's the case, then he sucks for a "technical guy".

He also continues to deny that he is not a part of the "Greedy Group", but all three witnesses (Madriaga, Joey DV and Jun Lozada) put him on one way or the other with Ben Abalos and Co. Sinasabi ba niyang pinagtutulungan siya?

That is why I consider him as the planted witness of Malacanang to scuttle the ongoing probe. He is in too deep to be let go. However, for that same reason, I also believe that he could still be coaxed to spill the beans.

It's up to the Senate to make him sing the correct tunes.

No comments: