Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Clarifications and Apologies, but still...

I would like to clarify some things in my earlier blog about this whole Calderon family soap opera (or dorama, if you fancy the Japanese version), in line of recent events.

First, it seems that the Calderons still know how to speak in Filipino, after all. In an interview with ABS-CBN News, Arlan Calderon found his mother tongue in a plea to the Philippine government to help them go back to Japan in order to be with their daughter Noriko. Mr. Calderon cited that Noriko is still young, and a woman at that, to be able to take care of herself. O-kay, so bakit kinakailangan pa iyung ganung stunt kahapon?

Second, Noriko already knows that she is a Filipino, contrary to what I wrote earlier. Mr. Calderon said in the same interview that they admitted to Noriko that she is a Filipino after Mrs. Sarah Calderon was already busted by the Japanese authorities for overstaying.

I apologize to the Calderon couple (in the off-chance that they can read this), as well as those who have read the previous blog, for whatever inconsistencies that I wrote on my blog. Perhaps it was a product of lack of research. I do not intend to make this an excuse, but it can’t be helped. I also depend on their statements to the Philippine media in order for me to write my opinions about the subject.

However, I would not retract my earlier statements criticizing them for the way they handled the situation with the press when they arrived in the Philippines. I still contend that it was an act of utter disrespect and stupidity. I also will not take back my challenge to them. Magpakatotoo nga sila kung gusto pa nilang maging Pilipino o hindi na. Para tapos na ang usapan.

Iyun lang.

No comments: